Snowsport safety can be fun during National Ski Safety Week and every week
crazeeHeads, inc., manufacturers of a complete line of helmet covers for skiers and snowboarders, offers ski safety tips for National Ski Safety week (January 13 – 19, 2007) sponsored by the National Ski Area Association.
Remember, the use of helmets reduces the incidence of less serious head injury by 30-50 percent (e.g., scalp lacerations, mild concussions and contusions of the head):
- Always wear a helmet designed for recreational snowsports and make sure a qualified person at a ski or snowsport store fits the helmet to you and your child.
- It is important that the helmet be properly fitted so it does not restrict your hearing or vision.
- Try it on while wearing goggles, as different goggles and helmets work together differently.
- Use foam inserts to facilitate the fit if the helmet is too large.
- Wear a helmet that meets American Society of Testing and Materials (ASTM) industry standards to ensure safety.
- Serve as a role model for kids, as the adult, and also wear a helmet.
- Personalize helmets with fun crazeeHeads’ decorative helmet covers for children and adults to make safety fun.
All crazeeHeads helmet covers are high-quality and beautifully crafted in soft, machine washable polyester with cotton lining.
“Our helmet covers make safety fun for snowsports enthusiasts of all ages,” said Margaret Spiegel, President, crazeeHeads, inc. “It’s great to see these furry animals flying down the mountain knowing that the wearers are also better protected from injury.”
crazeeHeads make snowsport safety fun and are reasonably priced. Plush Animal Helmet Covers retail for $31.99; Quilted versions for $26.99; and faux animal skins for $23.99.
crazeeHeads, based in Port Washington, NY, specializes in producing a complete line of helmet covers for skiers and snowboarders. Helmet covers can be purchased online or find a retailer near you by visiting www.crazeeheads.com or by calling 866-4-CRAZEE (866-427-2933).
For further media information and photography, please contact Elissa Rogovin, Fuze Communications, Rogovin@fuzecommunications.com or 617-620-2440.